With fall and back to school right around the corner, we decided to challenge ourselves to see if we could find fall fashions for under $50. We had such a great time searching and shopping. There was some work involved and a little frustration at times but in the end we were laughing and having the best time coming up with different combinations. We commiserated about our age and our bodies and our wrinkles and then we just accepted them and decided that we are who we are and who better to go through this aging process with than your sisters. We can be brutally honest and unconditionally loving all in one breath. We hope you enjoy what we came up with and that you too can find a way to pinch a penny or save a dime when doing your fall shopping.
Some tips we would like to share are:
· Wait for the sales
· Check often because new merchandise comes in and the barely old merchandise goes on sale.
· Look for new markdowns on Tuesdays
· It only takes one or two new pieces to really freshen up your wardrobe.
· Our mother taught us to spend more on quality classic basics and spend less on anything trendy
· For example: a great pair of jeans, a black pencil skirt, a great jacket, white layering t’s, a long vest and a great pair of booties that go with everything. White is generally not something we wear in the fall but it can be used as an accent or layering piece.
In case you were wondering:
Black leggings – Nordstrom Rack $19.99
Copper blouse – Soel boutique $24.99
Grey sweater – from her own closet
Denim – Gap $35.00 (40% off Gap friends and family sale)
Suede Jacket – $15.00 (clearance rack at H&M)
T-shirt – from her own closet
Wide leg denim – Gap $6.00 (40% off plus reward points at Gap)
Plaid shirt- Target $24.00
Skinny denim – Flying Monkey from Bohme $45.00 (buy one get one half so we got two pair)
Black long waist turtleneck – XXI $7.50
These are just a few of the other pieces we found over the last month that were all under $50.